Install Flash 10 64 bit (alpha) on Linux 64 bit25 Feb 2008
Finally 64 bit Linux users can enjoy Flash without ndiswrapper. Adobe has showed us some mercy and they made a native Flash 10 for 64 bit platform for Linux. On this moment it is only an alpha version but it seems to work quite nice.
Here are the installation instructions from Adobe it self:
- Download the plugin to begin installation. A dialog box will appear asking you where to save the file.
- Save the .tar.gz file to your desktop and wait for the file to download completely.
- Quit your browser.
- Remove all existing Adobe Flash Player installations from the system.
- Unpackage the file. A directory with contains libflashplayer.so will be created.
- Copy libflashplayer.so to ~/.mozilla/plugins. Create the ‘plugins’ folder if it does not exist yet.
- Launch your brower. To verify installation in Firefox choose Help > About Plug-ins from the browser menu.